MyWikis is accepting requests for internships.
We are looking for interns who are excited to learn about MediaWiki, tech support, and system administration.
We are recruiting multiple people at this time.
You must have the following requirements in order to be considered for this job.
- Proficiency in English
- Demonstration of effective communication skills
- Proficiency in a programming language (preferably PHP)
- Experience with Linux, preferably server administration and Apache, MySQL, and SQLite
- The ability to quickly learn MediaWiki administration
Additional skills listed below are not required, but would be preferable. In fact, upon demonstration of these skills, your chance of interning at MyWikis will be increased.
- Knowledge of SEO strategies
- Proficiency in a popular foreign language that our international customers typically use (i.e. German, Russian, Spanish). At this time,
Mandarin Chinese and French are not needed.
Our interns are paid at rates competitive with other remote internships. As all internships are conducted remotely, we do not offer travel, living, and food reimbursements.
Why intern for MyWikis?
- A broader view. We'll go deep, but MyWikis interns will cover a broad range of topics needed to manage companies such as MyWikis.
- Flexible hours! Work whenever you want, wherever you want. The faster you work, the more free time you get. You'll only need to work an average of five hours every month, all from the comfort of wherever you want to work!
- We're rapidly growing! We are currently experiencing a period of rapid growth. (Do not worry, our plan is to modestly expand so our company doesn't go bankrupt.) Therefore, we will need additional staff members. Opportunities in our company will be increasing, and in the long run, we hope to soon expand further than our current size. After you intern, you have the chance to gain a spot in our team. Exciting!
- Opportunities for advancement within the company. Since our company is quite small, you will have the chance to advance once our company hires more employees.
Applying for an internship
Please create a ticket here to initiate your application.
Please write your message in English. You may go ahead and attach a résumé or CV (curriculum vitæ). We will offer you the job if we feel you are best suited for MyWikis.